Previously, I was CEO of Intuition Communication Ltd, a web publishing business in the healthcare sector. Intuition was established in 2003. The company owns and operates a network of web sites that provide advice and information for patients in the UK and overseas who are seeking treatment and healthcare services.
I write a blog on medical tourism on IMTJ and a blog on Private Healthcare and also find time sometimes to blog about running Berkhamsted Raiders CFC, a youth football club, of which I am Chairman.
Our sites include Private Healthcare UK and HarleyStreet.com, the UK’s leading portals for private healthcare services and the rapidly growing medical tourism site, Treatment Abroad. Cancer Advice provides comprehensive information on the diagnosis,and treatment of cancer and is edited by the company’s Medical Director, Dr Nick Plowman.
In 2009, Intuition acquired International Medical Travel Journal ( IMTJ), a business to business online journal that provides insight into and comment upon the medical tourism industry, including medical tourism statistics, a medical tourism conference calendar, and a medical travel directory.
In 2010, we launched DoctorInternet, an Arabic language portal for medical travelers from the Middle East.
In 2018…. I’ve entered the world of motorsport! Well, my son, Matt has. Find out about an aspiring racing driver with a greed for speed.
Recent blog posts
- Agencies, facilitators… Google is watching you!
- Applying best practice in cross border IVF
- Measuring medical tourism promotion
- When cosmetic surgery abroad goes wrong
- Watch out…. things are changing in the Gulf
- Desperate measures…. charitable fundraising for treatment abroad
- The challenge for cosmetic surgery clinics abroad
- Correction… The medical tourism industry is nine times smaller than we thought!
- Declining interest in medical tourism?
- Global medical tourism industry value – $439 billion!
- The IMTJ view on Brexit and medical tourism
- Florida medical tourism – same myths, same mistakes?
- Is history repeating itself in the Cayman Islands?
- An underfunded NHS…. and a thriving private healthcare sector?
- Competition intensifies in London’s private healthcare market
- Can I see you now? The rise of the virtual doctor
- Price transparency in the self-pay private healthcare market
- The international (and European) nature of our private hospitals (and the NHS!)
- CMA backs down on private hospital sales
- The EU debate… Is the private healthcare sector better off in or out?
- Why does the private healthcare sector forget its customers?
- Boom or bust for Harley Street?
- The dawn of a new era for the NHS PPU?
- £9,000 in Reading, £15,000 in Harpenden… shop around for private surgery!
- How can we deliver affordable private healthcare?
- I won an award! (but not for medical tourism)
- The medical tourism industry: healthcare experts needed!
- Medical Tourism: A model of destination attractiveness
- How do you deal with negative reviews?
- The medical tourism numbers game: Part 3… ”Medical tourism skyrockets”
- Medical tourism….it’s not about price!
- What class of medical tourist do you want to attract?
- Cosmetic surgery tourism: Keeping the customer satisfied….
- Medical tourism…lessons from the California gold rush
- New research paper provides insight into infertility tourism
- Patient choice in medical tourism…Let’s hear the patient’s voice
- Wales……. the latest medical tourism destination for US patients?
- The US healthcare reforms and medical tourism
- Medical tourism statistics: Comparing apples with apples ….
- Light at the end of the medical tourism tunnel?
- The outlook for medical tourism in 2010
- Medical tourism statistics: Comparing apples with apples
- The opportunities for Korea in medical tourism
- Budapest: the “dental capital of Europe”
- Dental tourism…Let’s work together
- Increase in IVF tourism in Europe